Friday, May 14, 2010

Stampa A Holics 3D Challenge

Hola Amigas. Today The StampA Holics DT have a 3D Challenge. That means we get 30 minutes from start to finish. Now don't let me fool you this is in NO WAY means it's enough time but let's find out! On your Mark, Get Set, GO!
I am in a round of Secret Siblings on SCS. My secret sister Emily (not her real name) sennet me this SUPER CUTE wallet for my birthday along with a SUPER CUTE purse (will share later). I asked for the instructions but she never got back to me.

This is the inside of the wallet. So I got my heating tool and started to take the wallet apart.

Your solid cardstock will measure 5 1/4x 8 3/4 and your DSP will measure 5 3/16 x 8 11/16. MATH STINKS! Even though I was a SUPER NERD (but a cute one) Math was never my FAV subject. By this point I am already 30 minutes in and GUESS WHAT?! Mr. Ticker died. He started going nuts...He was buzzing and ringing and then he would restart poor thing died a violent and disturbing END! Will have to buy one this weekend.

I corner punched one end of the Caramel Cardstock and one end of the Sweet Pea DSP. This is optional but I wanted to give the front softer corners.

I ran the Caramel Cardstock thru my Big Shot (A MUST HAVE) using the Elegant Boquet EF. I did this on opposite corners of the cardstock.

I then took my Taken with Teal ink pad and sponge daubed the embossing but wasn't too happy with it so I did the embossing darker and then I did the rest of the cardstock with the same color but just not as dark.
So now for the sides of your wallet. You will need 2 pieces of cardstock. Here I am using the same Caramel cardstock. They measure 2 x 3. Score both pieces every 1/2 inch. Okay so you can choose how to adhere your DSP with adhesive or you can sew it like I did. This is the first time I sewed cardstock together. So you know even though Mr. Ticker is laying in the trash quietly that I went OVER and BEYOND the time alotted for a 3D challenge.

Valley/Mountain fold the sides and adhere with Sticky Strip.
I added velcro to the inside for easy opening and closing and I added a build a brad using the same DSP I used for the inside of the wallet. Now if you notice mine isn't as shiny as the sample I showed you above. The sample above is clear embossed. I didn't clear emboss this one. I am going to play with different versions of this wallet and get back to you. Hasta Mañana.

RECIPE: ALL STAMPIN UP
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Sweet Pea DSP (Occassions MINI 2010)
Ink: Taken with Teal
Accessories: Big Shot, Build a Brad, Elegant Boquet EF, CropODile

10 comments:

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Whowzer girl you did fabulous my amigos he he
only Spanish that I know
I could say it French
C'est vraiment belle ton project!
Merci
Thank you for being such a a wonderful part of our TEAM!
you are doing fabulous!

Maxine said...

I just saw the tutorial of this a couple of days ago, but I've been trying to do this and that to stop and try my own. Yours came out really pretty!!!

sandi maciver said...

Oh Marisol, this is so cute and thank you so much for the great tutorial, I have always wanted to make one of these. Maxine is right, yours turned out just beautifully and you rocked this challenge

Lesley said...

Wow! What an incredible project! You rocked this challenge!
Smiles,
Lesley :)

Mitzi Luttrull said...

Hi Marisol, You really undertook quite an extensive project. First, by taking an existing one apart, then recreating it with your own style. You go girl! Very cute idea. Poor Mr. Ticker. May he rest in peace. :-) Mitzi Luttrull

Cynthia Stevenson said...

Wow, this is wonderful. You did a great job and thanks so much for the tutorial!
Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous wallet Marisol and Im grinning here coz I was going to make a wallet this week and then changed to a purse..laugh..we must be twins!

stampingmadly said...

Wow, Marisol. What a great project. And you did a really good job on the tutorial, too. Poor Mr Ticker, he must have had a fit of apoplexy trying to get your attention when the time was up!

Lucia Kaiser said...

Marisol: This is awesome! Thanks for the tutorial. Your's came out so beautiful - the best I've seen. :)

Unknown said...

very cute. neat idea for coupons

About Me

My Photo
Hamilton, New Jersey, United States
View my complete profile

Contact Me

Name

Email *

Message *

Open 24-7

All Catalogs

Paper Pumpkin

Subscribe Here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Blog Archive